ABOUT THIS CASE STUDY
At one time, Sunday was the worst sales day of the week for Taco Bell. It would have been more profitable just to close for the day, which was NOT an option! The PM Group was tasked with creating a sales campaign to get sales to a “breakeven” level on Sundays.
- Agency developed and produced “I Love My Sundays” campaign. From that time, Taco Sunday was born!
- Point of Sale only support grew sales 40% in first 4 weeks.
- Radio and TV campaign layered on top of POS grew sales 300% from pre-campaign baseline sales average.
- Creative and media successfully targeted families who attended church without alienating those who did not.
- Taco Sunday lives on to this day as a national promotion in the Taco Bell system.
- Taco Bell Corporate purchased original campaign creative from the agency to use nationally.