ABOUT THIS CASE STUDY
Eye Care Centers of America (currently known as Visionworks) engaged with The PM Group after using a nationally-recognized, incumbent agency based in Dallas, Texas. Production values with the incumbent agency were extremely high and expensive. In addition, the company’s TV commercials had no ethnic representation, despite having retail locations in highly concentrated Hispanic and African American communities across the US. The client challenge was to lower costs and increase the quantity and quality of the talent pool.
- Developed and executed a regional talent search called “Advertising Star” that generated 3,500 potential talent options over two days.
- Lowered ad production costs by over 40%.
- Produced 535 TV spots and 76 radio spots annually for 16 brands in 42 states.
- Increased talent pool from 6 to 61 with significant Hispanic, African American, senior, and family representation.
- PMG TV creative was focus group copy tested against prior agency’s creative. PMG creative won on 6 out of 7 attributes while costing 40% LESS!
- ECCA experienced over 6 years of same store sales growth, after hiring PMG as the creative agency of record.